C1 Certification chose to accredit themselves in order to prove its competence, resilience and quality, since the process of accreditation is an extensive examination and investigation of our abilities. C1 Certification is accredited against the international standard ISO 17021and means that we are approved to perform accredited certifications against management systems as well as to issue accredited certificates.
C1 Certification chose the Swedish accreditation body Swedac, which has been appointed by the government to act as an accreditation body and approve certification bodies that fulfills the requirements for accreditation in Sweden. Swedac has regular on-site inspections at C1 Certification in order to ensure that we follow the guidelines and procedures that are established by ISO 17021. These inspections ensure and provide comfort, since you always get an independent third party service delivered. In addition, it is accompanied with the possibility of worldwide usage of the certificate.
C1 Certification can, if the customer so wishes, use Google glasses, as a complement, during the audits. How C1 Certification utilizes this extraordinary technology is by sending the glasses to the customers, who then wear them during the audit. A high-resolution camera accompanied with a speaker and a microphone are all neatly located in the construction of the glasses. These features are all controlled by the lead auditor, who can be located anywhere, via our inhouse developed remote apparatus. This enables the auditor to communicate in real time with the customer as well as at the same time see everything in perfect resolution. The environment is beneficiary, the travel expenses decrease and employee and auditor satisfaction increase. To conclude, the technology ensure that our auditors can do follow ups on implementations at our customers organisations and make sure customer satisfaction is high. Do you want to learn more about how google glasses and its accompanying technology can be utilized during audits at your organization - do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Your work before certification
To start off, you need to construct and implement a management system according to the requirements in the certification standards that you seek to get certified in. The work process contains elements such as identifying the organisational goals and main processes, to ensure that the processes have correct governing and is actively involved in the organisation as well as identifying stakeholders and their requirements. In generic terms you need to describe how you work today and how you develop your improvements in your processes.
In addition, you need to ensure that management has criterias for measurement and follow-up of these processes. This is in order to ensure that these processes support your work and how you accomplish your goals and objectives. The main processes should secure and ensure compliance with law, customer and other stakeholders requirements.
2. Initial conversation
The initial conversation or dialogue between us is tremendously important in order to enable us to support, to the best of our ability, your organisation during the audit. During this conversation we plan the coming audits, based on your challenges and opportunities, in order to enable you to gain as much knowledge as possible.
3. Initial audit and document review
A certification audit is done in 2 steps; First an initial audit followed by a certification audit. During the initial audit and document review we broadly examine your management system. This is done in order to ensure that you are ready for the audit and your management system covers all the requirements as well as determine what focus the audit should have. During this phase you establish, together with your auditor, the scope and audit program for the coming certification audit.
4. The certification audit
The certification audit is the second step and usually occurs 4-6 weeks, and must not occur more than 6 months after the initial audit. The certification audit is a one more comprehensive audit where the auditor focuses on the implementation of your management system. This is done through interviews and random sampling in your business.. During the audit’s closing meeting the results and non-conformities found during the audit will be presented. These results will further be documented in the final report and if the auditor/s identifies non-conformities these should be handled and closed by the customers in our customer portal. In addition, during the closing meeting you will get a chance to comment and ask questions in regards to what the auditor found, e.g non-conformities, good examples and/or best practises etc.
5. Periodic audits
In order to maintain the certification and to aid your management system development we make periodic audits. The scope of each audit is determined in advance in accordance with the plan and program. Normally we audit your management system every 12th month but you are able to choose between 6 and 9 month interval as well. The periodic audits only cover parts of your management system.
6. The renewal audit
The complete management system shall be completely audited during the certification cycle, which is 3 years. The renewal audit is more comprehensive and extensive in order to ensure that the requirements are met for the certification. When your non-conformities are handled C1 Certification determines if your management system supports your organisation and meets the standard requirements. If your management system fulfills these requirements, C1 Certification issues a new 3 year Certificate.
Certification label and logo
The customer can by all means communicate the certification to their stakeholders as long as it visibly refers to C1 Certification and only communicate those certifications that you have been granted by C1 Certification.
The certificates that C1 Certification issues to customers includes the accreditation’s authority logo. The customer has the right to copy and distribute complete copies of the certification documents. If the certification decision expresses certain terms and conditions in regards to how a certification can be communicated by a customer the customer should of course obey these requirements and C1 Certification will in those instances inform the customer. The customer has the right to communicate and show their certification status together with associated certification labels on for example web pages, presentations, company cars, etc. The original version of the certificate and its accompanying certification labels are together with instructions regarding reproduction, distribution and usage provided by C1 Certification. We are obligated to continuously control the customers utilization of the certificate, certification labels and the accreditation’s logo. The essential aspects are the following:
1. The logo shall be reproduced in its entirety with an acceptable size and colour.
2. The logo shall be used in order to display the compliance with the customers processes and not the products or services the customer provides.
3. The logo shall not be used in such a way that it misleads or displays a deceptive picture of assigned certifications.
4. Individual laboratorium reports, products or products packaging can not be marked with a label or logo.
On the product packaging, or with its accompanying information, it's allowed to communicate that the company is covered by a certified management system. However, it can not in any way imply that the product, individual process or service are certified. The communication must include the following aspects:
1. Clear identification of the certified company (e.g brand or name).
2. What type of management system certification that it is referring to (e.g quality or environmental) and its applicable standard.
3. That C1 Certification has issued the certificate.
Appeals and complaints
One of C1 Certification’s key work ethics are continuous improvements and an important part of that are potential customer or other stakeholders complaints and appeals as well as complaints and appeals regarding our certified customers. We have therefore developed and utilized the below approach for these kinds of instances:
1. Press here in order to enter our system. There you describe your concerns and arguments. Remember to specify who has sent the complaint or appeal if any additional information is needed and we need to contact you.
2. The complaint or appeal are registered in our system and are therefore easy to follow-up.
3. You get a confirmation that we have got the complaint or appeal.
4. C1 Certification’s technical manager or other authorised personnel that are not biased go through the case thoroughly and make a statement.
5. The assessment is sent back to you along with information on how you appeal the assessment, if you find it unsatisfactory.
6. The complaint or appeal is thoroughly investigated internally in order for C1 Certification to learn and improve.
Information about valid certificates
Are you in need of information regarding our valid certificates? Call or email us and we will confirm the validity and correctness of the certificates directly.
Press on the button in order to go to our contact information.
A certificate can be temporarily (mxa 6 months) or permanently be withdrawn. A temporary withdrawal of a certificate can be initiated as a first step, possibly followed by a permanent withdrawal. Depending on the gravity or severity of the situation C1 Certification can determine to immediately withdraw a certificate permanently. Authorized personnel at C1 Certification determine what action is necessary based on the previously mentioned situations. This decision will be communicated in writing to the customer including the reason for the withdrawal and expected actions the customer should take.
C1 Certification can initiate temporal withdrawal of a certificate in the following situations:
1. When a certified management system is no longer meeting the certification requirements.
2. In the event of a material breach of contract.
3. If the customer voluntarily requests a withdrawal.
4. An authority statement that impacts the certification.
When the customer has managed the situation that led to the temporal withdrawal C1 Certification reviews the actions taken by the customer. The result of the investigation will lead to any of the following decisions and will be communicated in writing to the customer.
1. If the actions are found to be satisfactory C1 Certification will restore the certificate. However, if the decision is materialized after 6 months from the initiation of the temporary withdrawal step 1 and 2 in the certification process needs to be realized.
2. If the actions are found to be non-compliant a permanent withdrawal will be introduced.
3. In connection with the decision of temporary or permanent withdrawal the customer will be informed also about the right to appeal on our decision.
C1 Certification - The obvious choice when you want to develop your business.